Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day Off

Today I had the day off since I worked the full day yesterday and Malissa worked all day today.  I slept in until 8:00 a.m.! In this house that is sleeping in!! I woke up with Olivia today and let Brendon have a few more minutes to sleep.  Olivia and I had breakfast together and she mostly just wanted to eat mine.  When we finished Brendon woke up and he ate.  Then we played for a bit and then I went for a run.  Olivia took a morning nap and while she napped Brendon worked on painting the back of or house to match the front he painted this summer.  After her nap we ate lunch, went to Target, went to the jewelry store, and went to Gymboree.  We saw Griffin and the rest of our friends.  Two of the other moms asked me today if we are moving up to the next level and I said Olivia wasn't old enough yet...they were surprised that she was only 18 months...which she will be 19 months this weekend. I think it is the hair that makes her look older! One mom said Olivia talked really well and that is why she thought she was older.  I told her thank you and we have worked on her talking a lot because I was worried for awhile when she wasn't talking.

After Gymboree we came home and Olivia found the movie Marley and Me while perusing one of the cabinets...and taking everything out.  She has a book in her room about Marley that has pictures from the movie.  She knows John, Jenny, and Marley from the book.  So I put the movie in to show her the characters.  We watched about 3 minutes of it so she could see them.  It was so funny to hear her saying the characters names and pointing to them.  What was nice is that she told herself to clean up the mess and she did!

No potty on the potty chair today.  We tried a few times but nothing today! Oh well...will try tomorrow!

Whoa... Marley and Me
Kissing Marley

0 comments:

Post a Comment