Sunday, September 2, 2012

Girls Day ends with a trip to the ER

Well glad I set the expectations low for yesterday because it was a doozie of a day! It started out good.  Olivia ate breakfast and drank milk.  Then we got dressed and she had her snack.  We finished getting ready and were all set to go by new shoes.  We got about half way there and were stopped at a traffic light and then I heard it and saw it.... she threw up in the car.  Ugh so gross.  It was curdled milk...yuck!  So I pulled over and of course I had nothing to wipe it up with except tissues.  I ran into Auto Zone and the worker nicely gave me some paper towels.  I got her seat cleaned up and her mostly cleaned up and headed back home.  Oh yeah... I needed to stop for gas...First thing I did was take her temperature when I got back home... and no temp.  Got her cleaned up and put some new clothes on.  I changed my clothes and then since she was acting fine to go back to buy some shoes.

We went and bought shoes and stopped at Carters.  She grabbed her snack cup out of the diaper bag and munched on some snacks and drank some water.  When we got home I tried some lunch and she wasn't really interested.  I chalked it up to teething and that she ate a lot of her snacks.  We watched the first have the the UGA game...Go Dawgs... nice win over UB! She took a long nap... about 3 hours.  She didn't want much to eat for dinner....she ate some pudding and had some milk.  We did a little playing outside and she was still acting normal.  I took her temperature a million times yesterday.  She had some gross poops in that afternoon/evening to add to all the fun!

Brendon came home from dove hunting and then chaos just erupted.  I think Olivia got all confused since she didn't see him all day and got all upset.  So I told Brendon he was making things worse and just let me finish out normal routine.  I got her milk and she wasn't really interested but I got her to drink some.  Then I smelled the milk and it kinda smelled off and I had Brendon smell it and he thought it smelled ok. I just bought the milk Wednesday and it was dated for Sept 11th.  Well about 30 seconds after she drank the milk she threw up again! Aghhhh...yuck!  Got her cleaned up again and called the nurse line.  The nurse walked me through everything and all the warning signs of dehydration and recommended we try Pedialyte in one hour.  Off to the store went Brendon and of course she wouldn't drink it from the cup.  I tried a syringe of it and about 30 seconds she threw up again...more curdled milk.  Off to the ER we went. 

Got to CHOA Egleston about 10:15ish and got checked in and back to the room.  Olivia was alert and responsive the whole time.  She was talking and only cried a little when they did her blood pressure and tried to give her a 1/2 of Zofran (not sure I spelled that right).  While we waited for the doctor they really wanted to get her to start getting some form of hydration.  We tried a popsicle...no.  We tried water from a sippy cup...no.  We tried Gatorade out of a juice box with straw...no.  We tried water out of a cup...got a few sips.  I had a bottle of water with me...got some sips out of there.  We kept her entertained with books and they brought us some crayons.  Finally the doctor came in and checked her out.  The doctor said it could be a stomach bug.  I told her about the milk and she said it could be that but not sure.  Her recommendation was to hydrate as much as possible and start the BRAT diet.  She said to offer her a sip of something....and they said anything...every 5 minutes.  Then they sent us home.  It was a pretty quick trip for a Saturday night and we got home about 12:30ish.  Olivia went right down. 

But what a dramatic day!

Kicking off the first football Saturday with my UGA bib.
My second UGA onesie for the day!
YAY! Go Dawgs!
Ok this game is a blow out... playing with my blocks instead.



0 comments:

Post a Comment