Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day... a day early

It is part of our life that we never celebrate holidays on the real holiday day.  Just something that you have to get used to with Brendon's job. So we were pretty tired this morning and Olivia didn't sleep any later than usual.  Plus we were watching her like a hawk today constantly asking/offering her sips of water/drinks ALL day.  It kind of got annoying but we knew we had to do it.  She did eat some toast this morning and drank ALL of her milk.  She kept it down and ate a bit of a cracker for a snack with some water.  We were having our neighbors over today and had to clean up before they came over since I didn't get to it yesterday.  So there was a lot to do.  I took her outside with me while I cleaned up the porch.  I even gave her a sponge and she helped wipe the table.  She drank some water and ate a little more snack outside.  I then tried some lunch...more toast and some bananas.  Olivia ate about 1/2 a piece of toast and a few pieces of banana.  She asked for more milk so I gave her some.  No signs of being sick after eating lunch either but I could tell she was really tired.  She ended up going down for a nap at 12:30.  Then I needed to get into gear and clean up for our guests. 

I struggle sometimes especially after yesterday's unexpected ER trip, to try to get everything on my ever long list of to dos done. I had lots to do like cooking, vacuuming, cleaning up the kitchen, get myself some lunch, cleaning the bathroom, shower, return milk to Publix (I really think it was bad- whether they thought so or not), cleaning the car seat again...still stinky and the truck still stinks. I ate a slice of cold pizza while taking Olivia up for her nap...literally eating it as I walk up the stairs with her  While I am trying to do all of this...Brendon sits down at the computer to do his Fantasy Football draft and sits at the kitchen table and eats himself a nice hot lunch.  I got mad...I never, hardly ever just get to sit down and do nothing, or enjoy a meal without having to inhale it in 5 minutes or less. I always have something to do...school work, housework, fixing or doing something.  I really needed his help.  Granted he did vacuum the pool and he helped get the car seat out of the car and taken apart...I really needed his help. While I was trying to feed Olivia lunch I asked him 3+ times to wash the car seat cover.  But he was just sitting at the computer doing Fantasy Football stuff.  I admit I think Fantasy Football is stupid and a waste of time.  I tried it a few years ago but got nothing out of it except losing $10.  From now until February husbands and men become consumed with football and also it is hunting season. So basically I won't have a husband until February...and I am not the only football widow (as they are called) out there.  But there is more to life than football.  I do like watching football but when you spend Saturdays watching college football and then Sunday all day watching more football and then disappearing into the woods... it gets frustrating and lonely.  Ok enough complaining... but Brendon said I need anger management, while all  I was doing was expressing my feelings of being frustrated of trying to do everything myself especially when we were having guests.

But anyways we had a nice dinner and visit with our neighbors.  They are more like family to us than friends.  I also love how they love to play with Olivia.  I think Olivia wore Kristy out by the time they left.  It was good food and lots of laughs with them.  The rest of the day turned out just fine.  Hopefully Olivia will be feeling even more better tomorrow...she drank about a 1/2 cup of milk before bed and didn't want any Cheerios. 

Chilling at the table with Kristy and Shawn
Beach ball fun in the yard
The beach ball looks huge compared to Olivia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment