Sunday, August 12, 2012

Heavy Heart

I have been trying to write this blog entry for a week, but felt I couldn't come up with the right words and still feel that I don't have it right.  I have had a heavy heart this week. I found out last Saturday that my cousin and his wife lost their baby. It is such an overwhelming sadness, that there are no words to describe it. Losing a loved one is always difficult, but losing a baby is more difficult than one can imagine. Hopes and dreams are taken away and the question of why settles in.  There is no answer for why and that is what hurts the most.  No matter what people say or do there are always lingering wonders one has.  I have said lots of prayers this week for them and my family.  I know they are hurting deeply and that hurt will never go away. 

I have felt awful writing blog entry after blog entry about Olivia this week knowing that my family is going through this.  So today there will be no entry for Olivia since I am counting my blessings that we have her.  This has made me realize how precious Olivia is and how much of a miracle she is and not to complain or be upset when things aren't going right, because I know there are people that would give anything to have a fussy baby or a baby with a fever. Because I was once one of those people.

I saw this quote last night that gave me an idea for what to write and I will end on that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment