Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fever and Mommies Night Out

Olivia had a fever today! She hasn't been sick in a REALLY long time.  She is not showing any signs of being sick though- no cough, runny nose, or anything.  This morning she slept in to about 8 or so which isn't like her, she is usually up by 7:15ish.  She was a little cranky when I got home from my run but nothing too dramatic.  She went down for a morning nap since we were supposed to go to Peyton's 1st birthday today.  When she woke up from the nap I thought she was a little warm but I thought was just from napping.  She didn't want to eat lunch and we thought it was because she had a late snack before the nap.  After I got out of the shower Brendon noticed she was warmer than usual and we took her temp- 101.5! Yikes.  I called the nurse line and gave her Ibuprofen.  We kept her hydrated and tried to get her to eat throughout the afternoon.  The fever went down to about 99.7 before I left. We are hoping and praying it is just teething! Even though I gave up on teething along time ago.

The mommies in our Gymboree group planned an outing for Michelle's birthday and I wasn't sure if I was going to go with the whole fever thing.  Thankfully it went down and Brendon said it was ok to go.  This was the first time in 16 months I had a night out with friends with no babies.  We all agreed how nice it was to get together and have some girl time.  We went to Masterpiece Mixers in Suwanee and did some painting.  It was fun and we laughed a lot.  It was really great to celebrate Michelle's birthday and have fun with friends.  I am so happy to have met all these wonderful ladies and formed such a great friendship with them!

Sitting on Jake!
Homemade corn bread
Finally ready to eat. Good dinner daddy! I love cornbread!
Our masterpieces!

0 comments:

Post a Comment