Friday, May 11, 2012

Letter to Mom

All this week I must have looked like a disaster when I got to work.  Everyday this week on The Bert Show (the radio station I listen to Q100) in the morning, the DJs have taken turns writing letters to their mothers.  Talk about tears...every day... even with Jeff's letter- he usually doesn't show much emotion! So mom, I know that we sent you a few things but just wanted to write you a short letter too.

Dear Mom,

I am not even sure I can write or list all the things that you have done for me throughout my life that have meant so much to me.  If anyone ever had to have a representative for a mother it would be you.  You are Betty Crocker, a teacher, a nurse, a wife, grandma, and a best friend all wrapped up into one person.

I aspire to be like you even though I have had some disasters in the Betty Crocker department.  But I at least try baking and find myself enjoying it on Sunday afternoons.

You helped me find a career path that I truly do love.  Thank you for being the listening ears about schools things and sharing ideas.  You go above and beyond what you need to do for your students- especially when you make each child feel special on their birthday by making them a cake- now that is a super teacher! You also share your family with your class and love that Olivia is a superstar to them!

When I was younger and sick you take care of Dustin and I like a first rate nurse.  Now I use some of those skills on our family.

Thank you for teaching about love and especially about unconditional love.  You taught me how important communication is to have a successful marriage and how to love Brendon with my whole heart like you love Bill with your whole heart. What you and Bill have is so special and I aspire to have a marriage like yours. 

Thank you for being my best friend.  I couldn't ask for anyone else. You know just when to call when I am feeling the blahs (like last night).  You always see the good in every situation and help me try to see the good even when it is difficult.  Sometimes we talk about nothing but to me it means everything.

I can't thank you enough for being Olivia's grandma.  I know that you cherish every moment with Olivia since your mother didn't get these moments with Dustin and I.  You go above and beyond with helping us with Olivia and I love to see you playing with her.  The love you have for her is like a volcano that keeps erupting. We know that you read the blog nightly and sometimes when you are bored and can't sleep you go ALL the way back to the beginning but that is just because you love us!

But most of all I thank you for your support and encouragement.  You have gotten me through some difficult times when all I wanted to do was give up.  You have dried my tears and somehow made me want to laugh to make things better.

Thank you for loving me, even though I know it is difficult at times, and thank you for loving Brendon like he is your own son.  You are an incredible person mom and I hope to be just like you some day! Thank you for being my mom and teaching me so many things.  I couldn't ask for anyone better because I already have the best!

I love you mom!
Love,
Melissa

If you are interested in listening or reading the letters from the radio show, click on the link below.

The Bert Show Honors Their Moms For Mother’s Day With Letters…And How You Can Honor Yours, Without Having To Break The Bank

0 comments:

Post a Comment