Monday, December 17, 2012

Tough Day

It was a tough night followed by a tough day.  I really didn't get much sleep.  I tossed and turned and thought a lot about returning to school today after last Friday's tragedy.  All the way to school today I flipped radio stations.  It was the same conversation on each station.  I eventually just turned it off.  As I made the last turn to school the lights of my school glowed in the morning fog.  It somehow gave me a sense of peace. 

The school was quiet this morning.  We met as a staff at 7:30.  As a staff we were all a bit emotional and wondering how do we start the day.  My principal read us a letter she wrote over the weekend.   It was powerful and she is probably one of the bravest people that I know.  I think I needed that letter to feel reassured myself.

That was just the first part of the tough day.  The second part of the day was hearing the sad news the Henry had passed away.  So many people that read our blog and followed them on Facebook knew that this day would come.  But I think most of us hoped it would be later. If you would like to express your condolences to the Kelley family their address is: 20 Renwick Drive, Senoia, GA 30276

Or in lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to one of the following charities:

New Leaf Community Garden - "Our purpose is to educate, feed and nourish our community through a sustainable community garden. We accomplish our purpose by connecting with various local partnerships, growing fresh, local, highly nutritious foods, and by intentionally sharing the harvest with those that need it."
http://www.newleafcommunitygarden.com/

or

Bridging the Gap - "... a community outreach and food pantry dedicated to addressing the needs of Coweta County residents. Our goal is to help people determine the reasons why they are in need and help them find long-term solutions through other community agencies and resources."
http://www.btgcommunity.org/



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment