Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Class Party, Gymboree, and CIO

Olivia had a busy day today! Brendon brought her to school to our class party.  She was a little shy at first but we gave her some stickers and she was great.  I then took her to see some people at school.  They all loved her curly hair!!



Brendon brought her home for lunch and I came home about 15 minutes later.  After I got home she wouldn't sit in her high chair. Then we got ready to go to Gymboree.  We got there a bit early so we got some presents for Kristy and Shawn.  Then we did a few crafts at Gymboree and saw our friends.  Olivia did NOT want to get in the car seat again.  She did the same thing for Brendon when he left my school.  I don't know what the deal is.  We didn't attempt a nap today which I thought would help with bed time. 

At bed time I just don't know what to do.  She cried when I put her in the crib.  Then I sat her in my lap for a few minutes then put her back in the bed.  I tried the CIO method tonight- CRY IT OUT.  Well I let her cry for 5 minutes...they say start small.  Then I went back up the stairs but I did not go in her room.  I opened the door, told her to lay down, and waited.  Finally she stopped crying and fell asleep.  But still that took 30+ minutes.  All I know is that I am ready to rip my hair out.  I hope we are not starting the Terrible Twos already and I also hope that she is not becoming a Strong Willed Child as they call it nowadays (AKA- Stubborn!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment