Saturday, September 15, 2012

Olivia's 1st Gwinnett County Fair

Today started out great! I ran one of my favorite 5Ks this morning.  I had a new personal record (PR) of a time of 24:38!! I was so proud of myself and came in 2nd place in my age group with a decent time!! Can you tell I am excited about this?!?!?!?!

After the run I cam home and Brendon closed the pool =( That means that summer is truly over.  We had lunch and then got ready to go to the fair.

What a great time we had!! It was $5.00 a piece for Brendon and I to get in and Olivia was free! Gotta take advantage of all the free stuff.  We walked around for a bit and then found the animals.  Olivia saw cows, goats, and sheep. She got a little afraid of their noises...they are much louder in person then in books and tv.  We also watched a cow get milked.  Next we went to the exhibit hall...nothing too exciting in there.  Then we found the carousel and bought tickets to take Olivia on her first carousel ride.  She was very excited to ride the horsey! Olivia did great on it.  There was one time when she squirmed to try to get off but then she laughed a few times.  We let her play the little boat game and pick out a prize...well I picked out the prize of a new textured (bumpy) ball.  Then we tried to walk and find some kettle corn.  I was SO DISAPPOINTED that there was NO kettle corn at the fair!! My heart was set on getting that I really didn't want anything else.  Brendon got a funnel cake and Olivia tried some and loved it! She was very tired at this point so we went home.

I am so happy that she loved the fair!!

Olivia seeing a cow!
Checking out the goats...this goat had a camo blanket on
Sheep show
Cattle
The Dairy Show
Got Milk?
Horsey....actually the carousel
The creepy carnie running the ride!!
Waiting for the ride to start
Finally a smile!

My first rip off carnival game
Funnel Cake
Helping daddy with the dishwasher


0 comments:

Post a Comment