Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Fall

What a great start to Fall! I woke up this morning and did a 10K trail run at Harbins Park.  What a gorgeous morning!! It was about 65 degrees and sunny.  It was not hot, humid...it was perfect.  I am really not a fan of trail runs but I am just getting a little bored with running the same places so I thought I would challenge myself.  It went pretty well.  The trails at Harbins a AWESOME! They are double track and pretty smooth.  I only tripped once but I did not fall!! So I came out of the trail with no wounds this time.  I completed the run in 1 hour and 40 seconds.  I didn't set a goal time for the race....my goal was just to finish without falling or coming out wounded!

Brendon and Olivia met me at the park and I got to see them close to the finish line! Then afterwards we talked to my friend Amie and her daughter Kylie who was born just a few weeks after Olivia.  Of course they had to size each other up.  Then we went to the playground and Olivia went on the swings.  She did not want to play on the toddler playground...she wanted to play where the big kids were playing.  She climbed up a plastic rope ladder type thing and walked all over.  Then she climbed down the stairs holding the railing!!! Yikes!!

Then we came home and Brendon went for a bike ride.  Olivia and I had a snack and played.  We had lunch and she ate really well.  She even ate 2 grapes!! She also decided to climb the kitchen chairs now too.  Then she napped and I ran to Sam's Club.  When she woke up she had a snack and played and went in the swing outside.  For dinner we made Swedish meatballs and I wasn't sure if she would eat them...well I was wrong!! She ate 2 meatballs and all of her peas and carrots.  She tried the egg noodles but only ate a few.  It was hilarious...she kept saying meatball.

We wrapped up the night with some outside playing and reading.  Olivia ended the night with, "Good night!" and went to sleep shortly after.

The post it note disaster...talk about a cheap toy!
I am ready to go see mommy!
Whoa runners!
Yay! Mommy and she is smiling!!
Go Mommy!!
Checking out Kylie's stroller
Swing!
Playground
Going down the steps all by herself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment