Thursday, August 2, 2012

Smart Girl

Olivia is becoming such a smart girl.  Today she found the television remote, turned it on, and changed the channels.  Brendon was pretty impressed.  I don't know if she really knew what she was doing but she knows that when you push a button something will happen. 

We are really working on having Olivia use her words when she wants something.  Tonight at dinner instead of whining and pointing to the fridge, she pointed and said, "milk."  Which I was impressed with! Also she is starting to say, "Up." When she wants to be picked up.  She also knows after her bath that she needs to go up and put on her jammies.  She walks next to her changing table and says, "Up."   I also worked with her on her name tonight and it sounded a bit better.  She actually jumped ahead of me when I was breaking it down in small chunks.  I also taught her where her belly button is.  I had to show her in the mirror for her to get this body part.  She now knows- hair, ears, eyes, toes, tummy, nose, elbow (on a good day), knee, teeth, back, for tongue she will stick it out for you but not say it, and eye brow.  I want to thank author Karen Katz for her awesome books on body parts for helping with this!!

But it is so amazing how quick babies pick up on things! It is crazy.  Today she picked up a picture that I got developed and I asked her to point to her friend Nikki, mommy, and Olivia (I said where are you?) and she pointed to all of them correctly.  I was pretty amazed.  All of this made for a fun afternoon and evening.

I also got to meet my students today! What a cute bunch of 1st graders we have!! I am so excited to start this year with them.

I got it daddy!
Chilling on Jake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment