Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back to Reality

Well coming back from vacation to reality is not so fun.  We have had a few odd things happen.

Remember when I thought Jake peed on my bathing suits before Ryan's Birthday Party...not the case.  Our air conditioner was leaking! Ahhh....thank goodness we didn't have the air on when we were gone.  But we had water dripping through the ceiling....!!! Brendon is so handy that he fixed it...well we hope.  Now we we need to wait for the ceiling to dry so we can repaint it. 

Next, Brendon went to start his truck and the battery was dead.  He jumped it and it worked but then had to jump it again yesterday.  He went to Auto Zone today to have it tested....we hope it is just a bad battery.

The biggest issue has been Olivia.  She is having a hard time getting back into routine.  There has been a lot of fuss going on especially at nap time and bedtime! It is almost like she is afraid to sleep alone.  It is taking a good 10- 15 minutes to get her down for a nap and 30-45 minutes for bed! It is driving me a bit bananas! Friday was the worst....she cried so hard she threw up all over me...super yuck! I hope this gets under control soon because I go back to work tomorrow!

The last thing that happened today was a good thing.  I took Olivia to Office Max to get some school stuff.  The store was not open yet so we had some time to waste at The Dollar Tree.  We spent a long time checking out all the aisles.  Olivia spotted some Elmo books so I said she could get them.  When I went to go pay, other people got in line behind me.  A guy with a bunch of coloring books was behind me.  As I went to go get my wallet her handed the cashier a $20 bill and said that he was paying for my items.  I was shocked and didn't expect that to happen.  I really didn't know what to do.  I felt awful if I said no, and I felt weird saying yes.  So eventually I said yes and thanked him a whole bunch.  It is not often that people pay it forward like that.  So thank you to the man at The Dollar Tree who paid for Olivia's Elmo books!

Now here is a super cute video from our trip....


0 comments:

Post a Comment