Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Anniversary Present by Ally Built

This year was our 8th anniversary.  I really try to stick to either the modern or traditional gift list for an anniversary present.  Sometimes I do have to think out of the box though...for example 5th anniversary was wood so we planted a Gem Magnolia Tree.  But for this year it was pottery, bronze, linens or lace.  Not the most exciting.  So I looked and looked and just couldn't find anything meaningful.  I did find a pottery place at the Discover Mills Mall where you could paint your own pottery so that was one idea.  But then we went to the Snellville Farmers Market and we met Allison with her pottery by Ally Built.  I have to say that she is quite talented! We bought some magnets from her at the market for Brendon's home brewing kegs so they could have a nice label for them on the fridge.  I took her card and emailed her about our anniversary.  She emailed me back and gave me some ideas.  So I chose to have her make steins with our anniversary date on them and some magnets with Olivia's Ale written on them.  We emailed back and forth and she came up with some sketches.  I picked a design and she went to work.  I have to say, they came out beautiful.  Brendon was surprised! He loved the magnets and the stein.  Here are some pictures of what she made for us.  I plant to get a picture of Brendon and I with the steins this weekend!

Magnets for Olivia's Ale
Steins
Magnets that we bought from Allison at the Snellville Farmers Market

 But you need to check out her blog Ally Built or her website http://allybuilt.com/

I have to say that we love supporting local businesses.  Allison was great to work with and we were in contact a lot.  Her pottery is beautiful.  So if you are looking for something unique and special here is a great place!

Thank you so much Allison for making this a special anniversary for us!

1 comments:

Allison Kruskamp

I had so much fun working this project out with you! Thank you for supporting your local potter.

Post a Comment