Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gardening and Fussy Dinners

We went to church this morning and Olivia was pretty good during the service.  No crying room at all.  After church she napped and after her lunch we ran to the store quick to pick up my wedding rings- which look phenomenal by the way! We played outside for a bit when we got home but it was REALLY windy.  After her afternoon nap we did some playing- and some peek a boo through the fireplace which she thought was quite funny.

Dinner the past few days has not been the greatest.  It seems we cannot find the right food for dinner for her.  Everything seems to end up being thrown on the floor.  I admit lunch and dinner stress me out with her.  I just can't seem to come up with a consistent menu for Olivia.  One day she likes something and the next day she won't touch it.  There are a few things that are guarentees that she will eat- like grilled cheese and yogurt.  But I can't make her grilled cheese every day.  I have looked online for recipes etc but since she has a minimal amount of teeth I can't make most things- she wouldn't be able to chew the difficult things.  During her nap today I made a few things.  She is still eating fruit purees since she won't touch any form of fruit with a ten foot pole.  So I made some pear puree today.  I also made a batch of my moms pumpkin cookies which are super easy.  I figured I could try those with Olivia since it is only a carrot cake mix and a can a pumpkin and a few other ingredients- I just skipped the frosting on hers.  She did eat the cookie at dinner though- who wouldn't want to eat one of my mom's cookies!   I also made some banana muffins.  I am not sure if they turned out right... they look weird... but we will see about those.  Ugh I guess I am just frustrated with dinner but I know one person is happy- Jake since he gets most of the crumbs- hey at least one person is happy!

After dinner Brendon had Olivia help him plant 2 tomato plants.  She was a good helper! Now her job is to water them since they are right outside her bedroom.

Peek a boo with mommy

Daddy showing Olivia what to do with the garden tools

This is a tomato plant

Helping
Watering the tomatoes

Daddy showing Olivia how to water them

Giving directions

It's okay daddy I will let you use my watering can!



0 comments:

Post a Comment