Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Even More Complicated

I thought it was complicated enough yesterday.  Today when I woke up I was not feeling well.  I felt like I was going to vomit any minute but didn't.  I noticed when I left work that I was having some discomfort on my left side...just felt weird.  By the time I got to the doctor I was worried and I tried to tell the lady at the desk but she cut me off.  I waited a few more minutes and let someone else know and they told me to tell the nurse when I got called back.  I told her what was going on and she brought me in a room.  I did my lab work and then my doctor gave me an ultrasound.  What they saw 2 weeks ago was still there and looked bigger.  Therefore she suggested we start the Methotrexate treatment.  So then I had to have more lab work- yup both arms today! I am one lucky girl.  After discussing all the options with her, this would be the best course of treatment.  I didn't know that the medication was actually chemo. So basically today I had a round of chemo and it stinks.  I am sore right now at the 2 injection sites but feel not like myself.  I am home at least the next 2 days on rest- no lifting, no exercise...just rest.  Don't worry Brendon is home taking good care of Olivia and I.  Right now we just need some prayers that this works because if it doesn't we can repeat it with a stronger dose or have surgery where I may lose my Fallopian tube.

Life is so complicated sometimes....

0 comments:

Post a Comment