Thursday, May 30, 2013

Potty Training Day #2

I admit I was a bit of a skeptic about this method.  I felt last night that yesterday was a disaster and maybe we should wait awhile longer to potty train her. 

I did what the directions said and woke her after 1 hour of sleeping last night and sat her on the potty.  Well that didn't work.  She didn't go and then after she was in bed for about 2 minutes then wet the bed. Grr.... start over with tears and wanting me to lay on the floor in her room.  I did that for about 15 minutes and she was out.  About 1:40 a.m. she woke again and said she had yucky in her underwear.  So Brendon and I changed her and changed the sheets again.  We didn't hear from her until 6:30 a.m. and she was damp and not soaked and the bed was dry.  So not too bad.

Today went a bit better.  There were a few minor accidents and just one big one after Olivia and I made some muffins.  She peed on the chair when I went to wash the dishes.  That was around 11 a.m. and that was the last pair of underwear I put on her until she took a bath tonight.  No accidents and everything went into the potty! She did one poop today in the potty and we were so proud of her and she earned lots of stickers both upstairs and downstairs! We called Pepa and told him all about it and Mema called to check on her too.

I don't know what to expect tonight...she has gone pee pee 4 times after her bath and has gotten out of bed 3 of those times.  At the moment she is still stirring and not asleep.  So we will see what happens tonight and hope for a better day 3...but we are so proud of her so far!!  I feel a bit better tonight about the whole process and I wasn't as frustrated today as I was yesterday.  Tired....yes...I think we may have warn a path in the carpet running to the bathroom!

Some of the stickers she earned today...there were 4 yesterday...so she got a lot today and this is just the downstairs bathroom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment