Friday, December 14, 2012

Not in Balance- Unbalanced?

Wasn't sure how to phrase it...

Yesterday at school we did basically some therapy to destress,  We were given a box with sand, a popsicle stick, and some rocks.  We were to draw whatever we wanted in the box, share if we wanted to, and then let go of it and erase it.  Here is basically what I drew..

I am just feeling so out of balance lately.  I find myself not giving attention to things that I need to be giving attention to. Maybe it is the lack of sleep this week that is catching up to me but everything is feeling out of balance.  It is hard to balance being me, wife, mom, daughter, teacher, and friend.  I even tried keeping a to do this list week.  Well that about got thrown out on Tuesday cause it just got longer since no one was sleeping and there was no time to accomplish anything. 

But I think bedtime is what is making everything out of balance.  With Olivia not wanting to go to bed or me sitting with her until she falls asleep, sometimes takes up to 2 hours.  Usually at night is when I get some stuff done...this week I have been in bed very early and not getting anything done, which is making the list longer.  The nap and bedtime thing I don't want anyone to endure.  It is awful.  I don't want to travel nor do I want anyone to visit nor do I want to go anywhere.  Plain and simple. Until Olivia returns to going to bed on her own I just have to work through this basically on my own. Olivia and I will get through it...we have to...but we will make it. There are 3 more days of school until Winter Break.  During break I need to get the scale rebalanced.  I need time to "sharpen my saw" as we call it at school. Right now I just don't have the time nor the effort to entertain.



I saw this great quote above on one of my running groups I follow.  I have to say in the past 3 years or more I haven't  changed but I have found myself.  I have experienced and gone through a lot.  I have found who and what I was made of.  I have found things that I can and cannot do.  There are things that I have had to let go of and things to bring into my life. 

Just a lot on the plate at the moment.  I am always feeling pressed for time and in a hurry.  Right now there is not enough time to get everything I would like to get done and enjoy the holiday season.

Time for bed...and yes this was interrupted multiple times when writing it...so if it doesn't make sense you know the reason why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment