Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decorating the Christmas Tree

It was another restless evening last night.  We took turns going upstairs with her.  Olivia finally fell asleep about 10ish and woke up at 6 a.m..  This isn't going to work with me going back to work tomorrow and Brendon working.  I don't have 2 hours every night to rock her to sleep! I guess I will have to have all my ducks in a row before I try to get her down to sleep.  Key word TRY.  She has always been a good sleeper so I am not sure what is going on- teeth, stuffy nose?

I ended up bringing Olivia in our room after the 6 a.m. wake up and that didn't work either.  Brendon was a super star husband and got up with her and let me catch a few extra winks of sleep.  I felt a bit better when I woke up.  He was so great he waited to eat breakfast with me!

Then we did the usual Sunday routine of reading the newspaper and drinking coffee and playing.  Olivia ate a good lunch but didn't take a good nap.  She was a hot mess.  It was almost one of those moments when you want to rip your hair out and complete chaos.  I just got back from a long run and she was up crying.  So Brendon handed her off to me so he could go hunt.  I tried to get her settled and tried to take a shower.  It was the fastest shower I ever took because she was crying.  Then I had to dry my hair with her crying on my lap and then she just kept on crying.  Meanwhile Jake snuck downstairs and when I figured out he wasn't with Olivia and I, I found him and lots of turkey all over the floor.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH....it was madness.  I finally got her settled and the mess cleaned up.  I almost called Brendon to come back up to the house but everything was fine.

After dinner we finished the Christmas tree.  We put it up after lunch but didn't decorate it.  Olivia wasn't so sure at first.  She wanted to play with Jake on the couch.  But then she came over and started looking in the boxes of ornaments.  Then we tried to show her how to put them on the tree and that was a no go.  Then she watched us doing it and finally got the hang of it! It was so cute!  We took her on a brief outside trip to see the lights on our house.  It is so magical to see Christmas through her eyes. To her everything is so wowie and whoa!

Checking out all the ornaments
Finally putting them on the tree




0 comments:

Post a Comment