Tuesday, November 27, 2012

3 Hours...3 long hours....

Here is why there was no post last night.  It was 3 hours...3 long hours of trying to get Olivia to go to sleep.  Every time I tried to put her in the crib...crying...actually whaling.  After the first 1/2 hour of rocking I just brought her downstairs and we did some online shopping at Kohls. Then I tried again and it was a no go.  At 10 I brought her in our room and tried our bed...nope.  Then I resorted to the recliner by 11 and then she finally fell asleep.  When Brendon got home at 12:40 I carried her into her crib and she slept until about 7 today.  With all that being said I told Brendon to call the pediatrician because this is just not like her.

Back they go this morning.  Nurse practitioner said she has a cold and is irritated from the drainage.  The cough is STILL lingering also....so they gave us another round of antibiotics and 2 inhalers.  They want us to use one inhaler ALL winter and the other for the next 4-5 days.  No real diagnosis and they said they can't tell if is is asthma yet.  But still it worries me.  It worries me because even though I know she is a carrier for CF that these are signs or symptoms of CF.  I just want her to feel better and I would like to feel better too.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow for me...I have had enough of my cough too.

I am sure tonight will be just as bad as last night but it is just part of being a mom. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment