Thursday, October 4, 2012

Update on Henry and Dust, Dust, Dust!

Update on Henry from his dad Ian Kelley...

Henry has a very aggressive malignant tumor called a Supratentorial Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor (PNET). It is very large and vascular. It's also rare (only 10-40 children in the US per year are diagnosed.) Unfortunately, because of his age and the nature of the tumor, treatment options are limited. At best, the five year event free survival rate is less than 20 percent. Treatment protocols are still being discussed, and it might be several weeks before a decision is made. Please pray for wisdom as we navigate this process. Also, pray for successful recovery from the procedure he is getting on Friday that should increase his comfort and mobility outside of the PICU. We're thankful for the excellent medical care Henry is receiving now and as always, we're thankful for your prayers and support. God bless.

After reading that this morning at work my heart just dropped.   How does one digest news like this? One must be strong and brave to face such news.  I keep asking myself Why? Why do things like this happen? My heart just hurts.  I still remember sitting in the doctor's office when Olivia was only days old and hearing the news that she may have Cystic Fibrosis.  My number one question was- Am I going to lose this baby? Olivia had been prayed for by many and was hoped for, for so long.  I thought that was tough news to digest.  All the unknown factors and the waiting...the waiting can be the worst part.  So please take a moment to pray for Henry and his family.  If you have something that you would like to donate please refer to the previous post keep-praying-and-how-can-you-help post about how you can make things just a bit easier for the Kelley family.  I know I will be working on something this weekend for them.  

Olivia and I had a quiet afternoon and went to Kindermusik.  She loves the song, "Dust, dust, dust." It has become a popular request and she will start to pretend dust at home.  I brought the cd in the car and we probably listened to it 10 times today! I am hoping she will keep up the dusting...it would be a great help!  Olivia now can climb in her glider and likes to rock...she looks so big in the chair!  Tonight I am going to say lots of prayers and count the many blessings in our life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment