Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hot Day

One word to describe today- HOT. We have had a pretty mild summer so far but it has gotten hot fast.  I started out today with a hot 6 mile run and I went at 7:15ish and it was hot already.  After I got home and showered, Brendon and his friend Mike went for a bike ride and they said it was hot.  Olivia and I ran some errands while Brendon was bike riding and Olivia did great at the 2 stores we went too.  She loves Target! A chip off the whole block.  She likes to look around and point and name things.  So fun!

After lunch I took Olivia to play in her sand and water table.  We keep it in the shade which is nice.  She loves the water side and was splashing all over...so much so I just took her onesie off and it was just cute diaper girl splashing and playing in the sand. Then she was ready for her nap!

While she napped Brendon and I were ready for the pool.  It has finally gotten warm...well my kind of warm for the pool.  When Olivia woke from her nap we brought her in the pool.  She showed off some of her swimming skills.  She wasn't in the mood to kick though.  She did love jumping off the side though!

Then we made dinner- spaghetti.  I know we are crazy for making spaghetti when it is 90 degrees outside but we had some sauce we needed to use.  Olivia ate it up though! She ate almost a whole piece of garlic bread and lots of spaghetti. Then we played in her room and read some new Karen Katz books before bed.  Olivia loves that author!

Sand and water table time
I got sand on my hands!
Yep- just clap them and it comes off!
Spaghetti time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment