Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our little Picasso

We had a pretty good day today.  Nothing too exciting going on.  I took Olivia with me to the school I will be transferring to in the fall this afternoon for a little Welcome Celebration.  It was actually the school I worked at 2 years ago, so it felt really great to see everyone again.  It was like I was on vacation and came back! I am very excited for my new job adventure.  Olivia was really great the whole time.  She even explored the cafeteria and was not afraid of people at all. 

After that we came home and played for a bit, since it was so late I didn't bother to put her down for a nap. Olivia played while I made her dinner.  We ate dinner and again we had some thunderstorms so we stayed inside after dinner.  But we did do something new tonight.  Since my school stuff is everywhere, I decided to get out some crayons and paper and see what she would do.  I found it worked best by putting a pad of paper (I had a legal pad) onto a clipboard. I clipped the open end to the clipboard so the paper wouldn't move.   She did try to put them in her mouth like any curious child would- so don't walk away while your child is coloring! I doodled first on the paper and she loved it.  She grabbed the crayon and started trying to get it on the paper.  I then showed her how to make dots by tapping the crayon and she did that! I am glad we have a new activity! She loved it!

Hmmm... what color???
Action shot
Pieces of artwork!

0 comments:

Post a Comment