Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Well it was pretty rainy today but that didn't dampen our moods today! What a great 2nd Mother's Day! Can't believe it is my 2nd one and it was so different than last year.  Olivia slept a lot last year...this year... different story! We played and had so much fun today.  We got up early and went to church.  Olivia was pretty good and entertained with books and had some snacks while we were there.  After church Brendon made me a delicious breakfast and gave me presents! Olivia made me a card that looked like a flower pot! Brendon got me a beautiful card also. Then he gave me a really cute coffee cup with pictures of Olivia on it! It is so cute!! I love it! I have another present on the way though... Then Olivia napped.  Then Brendon fired up the grill and started smoking some chicken! We had a great dinner with our family- not related by blood family but they are as close to family as you can get- our neighbors and Olivia's Godparents- Rick and Karyn and their children Kristy and Shawn.  Kristy and Shawn loved playing with Olivia.  Since it was raining we used the new Man Cave garage for a bit.  We had a great family dinner and some fabulous Key Lime Pie! After dinner we Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa and they were so happy to see Olivia walking ALL over.  Then more playing and daddy gave Olivia her bath tonight. 

Overall it was a great day despite the rain! I couldn't ask for a better Mother's Day.  I loved spending it with all of my favorite people- my family and our friends!
This was last year's Mother's Day!
This year- Happy Mother's Day mommy!!
Having fun in the man cave!
Godfather Rick enjoying the man cave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment