Friday, April 13, 2012

Braves Home Opener

One of our traditions is to go to the Braves home opener every year.  It has rained, hailed, been super cold, or sweating hot but we brave the elements to go.  Last year was one of the only years we didn't go because Olivia was born.  So this year we were determined to go.

We mapped out a plan of eating and what to bring.  We brought a very small diaper bag- the free Similac one that is an over the shoulder.  The car ride there was long but I sat in the back seat with her and kept her entertained and she even ate some applesauce on the way. 

We arrived at the game right when they were singing the Star Spangled Banner. Boy was it crowded.  I even got paranoid about people bumping into us.  Our seats were on the end which was perfect in case we needed to get up.  The lines for everything were SO LONG- food, bathroom, adult beverages.  I felt bad for some people because they were gone for so long! I tried to go to the bathroom once but the line was so long I waited.  Then by that time Olivia had to be changed.  I opted to go to the family bathroom since I thought the line would be shorter.  Well all the people that were in line for the family bathroom were young females (I would say about early 20s).  They didn't even bat an eye at me when I joined the line with a child.  Then another mom got in line behind me with her son.  I was waiting patiently and then the girl in front of me turned around and suggested I tell the females at the front that I should go in front of them.  I did not want to do that because I didn't want to upset anyone.  So she volunteered to do it.  Actually with a little rudeness they let me and the mom behind me go before them.  I didn't want the other mom to be hassled so I told her to just come in with me.  So that is how all that went down.  When I left the restroom I thanked the girls but they must not have heard me because I got some loud and rude, "Your welcomes!!" as I walked away.

Other than that and the guy screaming behind us the game was great.  Olivia LOVED looking around.  We even almost caught a home run ball.  Ok- I covered Olivia up as Brendon tried to get the ball.  But it was pretty close to us.  We stayed to the end of the 5th inning.  That was a very long inning and then Olivia was getting restless. So I knew it was time to go.

The night turned out much better than we thought.  We didn't even spend any money! The lines were too long for everything so we just saved our patience and money! Olivia drank milk at the game and on the way home had some puffs and stayed awake the whole ride home.  She drank some more milk before bed and zonked right out.  Such a fun family tradition!

Car ride there

Yay! Go Braves!

View from our seats!

We were a little bit left of the score board

Checking out the Tomahawk



Olivia and Mommy

On the way out by home plate

Super smiley by the big baseball



0 comments:

Post a Comment