Sunday, March 25, 2012

1st Birthday Party!

What a fun party we had today! We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather.  It was a great day to celebrate Olivia's 1st birthday.  We did  have a few hiccups- first our oven is on the fritz! Thankfully we did not need it for today.  But the oven will not turn off! Brendon went to make some taco things last night and it would not heat to 400 degrees.  Then we turned the oven off but then it never turned off ALL night! That was crazy thing number 1.  Number 2- I went to pick up Olivia's cake from Publix and guess what- they made the cake for the wrong day! I was so upset.  I cried- yes I cried in Publix talking to the bakery worker and Manager.  I admit we both did something wrong- me I didn't look at the bakery slip after I ordered it until I got to the store today- I put it in a safe place so I would remember where it was.  Publix never even called to tell me that they made the cake (on the wrong date) and to come and pick it up.  The manager said they don't call if the person doesn't pick it up so then they throw it away! I know Publix prides themselves on customer service but I can't believe they don't call if they notice someone doesn't pick up their cake.  Anywho... after many tears later they gave me two free cakes and a gift card.  But other than those two things all went well.

We had lots of fun and lots of babies.  Many of Olivia's friends from Gymboree and my friend's from school came.  We did presents first since I knew Olivia would get messy with the cake.  We feel so blessed with all the gifts Olivia received.  She has lots of new clothes and toys for outside to play with.  We did the cake and Olivia got messy! No tears, just a whole lot of mess.  I quickly scooped her up and got her into the tub quickly and changed her clothes.  She was a little cranky because she didn't end up taking a nap.  We visited with friends some more and then everyone went home. Brendon's friend Graham stayed and helped us clean up- thank you Graham!! 

We don't have too many pictures from today but there are some videos uploading.  We don't have pictures because my friend Jennifer came and took pictures for us today- which was great because I don't know when I would have been able to take any.  Also she was a great help when it came to cake time! She helped scoop ice cream and pass out cake! Thank you Jennifer!!

We ended the night with releasing a balloon.  We tied a note on the bottom and let it go in the backyard.  We are hoping that whoever finds it will email us to let us know they found it and where they found it! It would be neat if someone really did find it!


Making the gift baskets

Silverware holder

Lunch

Getting dressed for the party

Birthday book for people to sign
Table for gifts
Baby snack table
Food table
Easy centerpiece
The replacement cake
Time capsule

Finished gift baskets

Having some snacks before the party

Getting ready to release the balloon


There it goes!

Milk before bed

Birthday banner- pictures from every month!

Birthday banner #2

0 comments:

Post a Comment