Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reflections of a 1st Time Mommy

Not much to write about today...we were busy picking up pictures and posting them.  Cute huh?? I just LOVE the photo shoot ones! There are just too many to pick from! I don't know how I am going to choose one to frame.

I have been thinking a lot about this whole year and how fast it has gone by.  Being a first time mom was a whole new job to me.  There is no training, no college, but there are a million books to read and places on the internet to find out information and help on raising and taking care of a baby.  I am very glad that Brendon and I took all those childbirth and childcare classes.  Some of the tricks and tips came in handy. 

But here are some things that I have learned:

1. Every day is different.  What worked today may or may not work tomorrow!

2. Be flexible! I have really learned to become more flexible when things don't go right or Olivia is cranky or sick and we can't go places.  It is ok to do things other times.

3. Love on your baby every moment you can! It seems like yesterday I had a swaddled up little baby girl.

4. Be a risk taker! Try new things- hey you never know they may work! Sometimes I felt that I had no idea what I was doing so trying all sorts of things works out sometimes.

5. Have mommy friends. It has been so nice to meet mommy friends.  Gymboree- I can't thank you enough for introducing me to some wonderful new friends.  They are great to share tips and tricks with, recipes, and laughs!

6. Try, try, again! If at first you don't succeed- keep trying.  Especially with feeding- liquids and solids. 

That's about all I can think of.  My brain is pretty fried at the moment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment