Thursday, January 5, 2012

Song that melted my heart today

I know super cheesy to post a song but as I was driving home today listening to Lady Antebellum I just about fell part listening to this and peeking in the mirror watching Olivia snoozing. I love the 2nd verse because I feel that time is moving way too fast! Time you are a thief that I would like to rob!

Here are the lyrics for the second verse...I thought about this last week as I was up early and just taking in the sounds of the morning with Olivia. Everyone knows that this house doesn't operate without coffee in the morning!

I leave him sleepin' as I rise early
Always up before the dawn
The house is dark, but I see clearly
Kettle sings a morning song
The bacon's frying, babies crying
I soak up the sights and sounds
Minutes turn to days and I wish that I could slow it down

If grease is the soul of the kitchen
And coffee the drink of the Gods
Routine too perfect to mention
Time is a thief I would rob


0 comments:

Post a Comment