Monday, November 21, 2011

8 Months Old

Olivia is 8 months old today.  WOW! It is still hard to believe.  She has gone from this little baby that needed to be held to this crawling mobile person!  She is at least weighing close to 18 pounds hopefully.  Here are some things that she can do at 8 month old:

Olivia can:

1. Drink water from a sippy cup while eating her solids.

2. Crawl on all 4s.  She can go from room to room following us. 

3. Pulling up on furniture.  I caught her pulling herself up on the coffee table and today I was on the computer and she was pulled up behind me on the chair.

4. She can boost herself up on our legs and hands. 

5. Sit up in the crib when she wakes up from napping or sleeping.  This morning when she woke up I went in there and she was all smiles sitting in her crib!  Such a nice thing to wake up to even if it is 7:30 a.m.

6. She can pick up smaller objects with her hands- balls, cups, blocks etc.

Here are some things Olivia cannot do:

1. Still has NO TEETH! Ugh... so over it.  But looking in my baby book I didn't get teeth until 9 months.  So if she is getting my teeth I pray for her... I had teeth that never wanted to fall out when I was a child. My teeth once looked like Dracula fangs when they got pulled.  Hopefully she won't have to have 17 teeth pulled like I did.

2. Still no real words.  We definitely have lots of sounds and noises.  We can tell when she expresses she is happy and sad. 

3. No waving.  We are working on that.  There is a lot of saying bye bye going on. 

4. Drink from the bottle all by herself.  Working on that... it is getting better.  She does better with her small bottle than her big one. 

Other then that she is just a happy baby! We feel blessed that she is so happy and likes to play all the time.  She loves to laugh and smile. 

Today we went for some pictures at a farm.  We hope they turn out cute.  There was no crying but you know how it goes to get a baby to smile on cue! Today we also found out that Larry Munson died.  He was the announcer of the UGA football games.  We were so sad.  Hunker Down heaven here comes Larry!

This is what happens when you try to take a picture when you are 8 months old...hmm what is this?

I will hold it and taste it upside down...

I will hold it but shake it up and down.

Yummm.... paper.

I will smile... just no holding a paper!

Trying out the stacking blocks.  Thanks cousin Laurie!

I will just taste them...

ok now to check out the tower... no need for the next picture... you know what happened!

0 comments:

Post a Comment