Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July

3th of July started early! I got up at 3:15 a.m. and was out the door at 4:30 to be at my friends house to go to the Peachtree Road Race.  I admit I did not sleep well the night before...nerves, rain, and everyone else being up doesn't help.  So I probably slept about 3 hours at the most.  It was a wet morning and we got to wait in our friends Joan's and Tina's hotel room before the start of the race.  It was nice...we were prepared though...ponchos, extra shoes, and socks.  I had a great run...a new PR for a 10K of 55:28! I was so proud of myself.  I wish I could of been a bit faster though...but I felt great most of the race!

After the race we headed home for some lunch and playing.  I was sooo tried and all I wanted to do was nap.  By the time Olivia went down I was ready to sleep too.  I guess everyone didn't get that message so I was grouchy that everyone was so loud, I had Jake in the bedroom because he was forgotten by the awake people and I had the monitor on.  Needless to say I was grouchy and tired and annoyed by dinner time and it was raining...again...

After dinner I worked more in Olivia's bathroom...we took down all the wall paper and painted.  Then we gave Olivia a bath and got her ready for bed.  I guess no one gave me the memo that they were leaving for fireworks...after I got Olivia down, Jake ran upstairs and I came downstairs and no one was there.  Jake usually parks himself on the couch for the night at this point.  So I just went and worked in her bathroom and then went to bed. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment