Thursday, April 18, 2013

Worst Night So Far

Had a reality check last night.  I was starting to get confidence in this whole mom thing...guess last night was a reminder I still don't know what I am doing at times.  

Well last night was the worst night of the toddler bed woes at bedtime.  I don't know what Olivia's deal was.  But she cried, and screamed, and cried...she was so upset.  I have never seen her so mad and upset before.  Nothing could console this child and I refused to lay down in her room like she wanted me to.  I defeated me...I cried.  I didn't know what to do.  Finally when she was getting tired she was still crying and fell asleep but still had those sniffles from when you cry really hard.  It was so strange though...I am thinking she was overtired. 

But I took the blame for it last night.  Working full time has been really hard and I know Olivia misses me.  I almost last night wanted to call my principal and tell her I needed to go back to part time...IMMEDIATELY.  I know that isn't an option though.  Just a few more weeks and it will be done.  I can do it...toddler tantrums and all. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment