Friday, February 1, 2013

I love you more than...carrots

Last night was ok.  I actually got a bit of sleep in my bed and not Olivia's floor.  She woke up about 4:15 coughing.  So she got 2 puffs of inhaler which didn't seem to work since her nose was running again.  So I opened up her door and let her breathe some cold air in which I have heard helps with the cough.  Trust me it was cold but we were wrapped in a blanket.  I finally gave her 1/4 teaspoon of Benadryl which seemed to do the trick and she fell back asleep after a little bit of fuss.  Brendon said she did ok today.  I got home and she woke up shortly but for me her nose was running like a faucet again and coughing.  We both got a little bit of food in her...Brendon got some soup and cheese in her.  I got some of her smile snacks, puffs, these veggie french fry snack things, and carrots.  She ate a WHOLE bowl of cooked carrots.  She didn't want the peas or the toast I made....just carrots.  Before bed I did get her to eat a graham cracker and she drank some water.  I also gave her a syringe of Gatorade which the nurse told me to do since she hasn't been drinking and eating a lot.  I gave her the whole medicine routine and she is out like a light snoring away up there.  I just want her to feel better soon! I miss her happy self even though there were some snippits of it tonight.  We played ball and she actually caught the ball and laughed.  Her poor little face looks like she has a Captain Hook red mustache on it from wiping her nose...both her and us wiping it.  Poor baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment