Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Yahoo! It's a new year- 2013!!  I went upstairs about 10 p.m. last night and I ended up finishing a book and then watched Dick Clark's New Years Eve Special.  It just wasn't the same without him!  I was surprised at how loud it was outside that Olivia didn't wake up.  There was some pretty loud booms! Brendon got home about 1:00ish and I was still awake so we had some snacks and a glass of champagne!  Better late than never.

Olivia slept until 7:45 this morning! That is the latest in the past few weeks. I am going to miss snuggling with her in the bed.  When she has been waking up we have been bringing her in our bed for snuggling for a few extra minutes.  We then had breakfast and the past 3 days Cheerios and milk have been her breakfast and she eats a ton of cereal! She is just like her daddy because he likes cereal too.  Then we played and I took a shower and got ready for a run.

It was a wet run for sure! But a great way to start the new year.  I tried out my new running shoes by Nike.  The have what are called the Shield on them.  They are supposed to be all weather proof etc.  So I decided to try them out.  Well they actually did work! Now the outside of the shoe was wet but my foot never got wet.  What an amazing shoe! I was a little leery when I bought them...nothing is truly water proof but they were great! 

After the run I came home and we had some snacks and watch the Georgia game! Olivia woke up for the end and to see Coach Richt get Gatorade dumped on him.  She then said, "Coach Richt all wet!"  So stinkin funny!!

We had some New Year's goodies like collard greens and black eyed peas.  Olivia ate one piece of collard green (she called it salad).  Then she ate about 3 or 4 black eyed peas- we thought she was going to eat all of them but she stopped! I made a delicious apple pie for dessert!

It was a great way to kick off 2013!

Snuggled up watching the game with Jake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment