Monday, November 5, 2012

How do I do it?

I get this question a lot.  I especially get this question a lot when bad things happen.  People tell me all the time that they could never be married to one, the job is too dangerous for their family, that they would never be able to sleep.  Well I am married to one and I am so proud of him every day.  Probably the best words to describe how I do it and what we as a family go through was best said in another blog that someone else wrote.  She took the words out of my mouth and many of the others wives and significant others.  Finally someone put it down on paper.  Finally someone understands what it is like.  Many people do not understand- even friends and family- what it is like daily.

Here is the blog that puts my thoughts into words ( I would suggest reading this first before going on)
The-Joys-and-Jitters-of-a-LEO-Wife-by-Melissa-Littles

But all in all this is not about me.  We are deeply saddened by the recent tragedy of losing two officers.  I don't think I have ever felt my heart beat so fast when the breaking news came on and we sat there in shock.  We have a friend that belongs to the air unit and just cannot imagine their loss. So please pray for the officers and their families.  These two men gave the ultimate sacrifice.


Someone shared this video on Facebook just as a tribute in general.  But next time you get upset and disgruntled at law enforcement officers offer them a thank you for saving your life. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment