Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Transitioning to One Nap

I knew the time was coming to the transition to 1 nap.  Olivia's naps in the morning were still pretty good~ about 2 hours but the afternoon naps were becoming shorter and some days nonexistent.  Sometimes in the afternoons Olivia would play for 30-40 minutes and then take about a 30 minute nap.  So I thought since school is out and she is almost making the transition herself, that we would start trying today.  She woke up and was very cranky this morning.  We had some little temper tantrums! But we kept her up.  It was a LONG morning, especially when it started raining.  I think Brendon and I appreciated that 2 hour nap in the morning to get things done around the house.  I guess we will just have to take turns since we are both home during the day.  But Olivia did fine.  We played with some blocks today and she was able to stack them! She ate lunch about 12 and then about 1:15ish I put her down.  She cried a little bit at first but then went to sleep.  I think she would have slept longer but Jake barked at about 3:15ish, waking her up.  But she would play for a minute then be quiet for about 5- 10 minutes, so I just left her up there until she started crying which was about 3:50ish.  I gave her a snack when we came downstairs and ate dinner at our regular time.  So it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Now tomorrow will probably be a different story since we have Gymboree in the afternoon.  I guess I will see what happens tomorrow!

After nap snacks with super bed head!

0 comments:

Post a Comment