Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What's All the Fuss???

Holy fussiness today! It started with breakfast- crying and not wanting to eat anything- throwing everything on the floor.  I tried oatmeal, fruit, cinnamon toast, and banana and she may have had a few bites of each and that's it.  Then she just would fuss off and on.  Finally before her nap I gave her some Tylenol.  She took a pretty good nap.  She fussed a little at lunch but not as bad as breakfast.  I decided to take her out this afternoon to see if that would help. So we went to Hallmark and Tractor Supply (they are right next door to each other).  She was good at Hallmark and then had a big surprise at Tractor Supply.  Around Easter they sell baby chicks.  So we went and checked them out.  One of the sweet boys working there even took one out for her to touch.  She touched it and actually smiled! It was so cute! I wish I had my camera! Then we had a snack when we got home and then I tried to get her to nap.  NO WAY! She cried and fussed.  So I just got her up- I  let her cry it out for a bit but then just went and got her.  So we did some playing downstairs and she watched me cook dinner.  I finally got her to sit on my lap and I got her to open her mouth and I saw 3 top teeth were coming in! So that was what all the fuss was about!! When it came time for her dinner she woofed down some green beans.  I couldn't stop her from shoving them in so I gave her more! Hey if that is what she wants to eat then eat the green beans.  She threw the mashed potatoes on the floor but did eat some chicken.

The biggest surprise was after dinner. We were watching the news and she climbed up on my lap.  I then gently placed her on the ground in front of me and then she took 2 independent steps toward her kitchen! I was in total shock! I clapped and cheered for her.  She had no idea what she just did.  But she didn't do it anymore the rest of the night! So yay some first steps! I was getting worried that they were not going to happen anytime soon so at least we are going one step in the right direction!!

Playing the pots and pans while mommy cooks!








0 comments:

Post a Comment