Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A little bit of a breakthrough

Finally today a little bit of a breakthrough.  I am always so worried about Olivia's eating and feeding or should I say self feeding.  Compared to other babies her age she is not gobbling everything up in front of her which concerns me.  Maybe we are just cursed with a fussy eater.  But today we had a little breakthrough.  Olivia is getting better at holding her own bottle! Yay! I probably need to start transitioning the formula to a sippy cup- I tried that last week and it was a fail.  She loves water from the sippy cup and does great drinking it- but formula...not so much.  Today she held her own spoon and self fed herself yogurt.  I had to help her dip it into the yogurt but she put it to her mouth.  I gave her a different spoon today on accident.  So I thought I would try the same kind of spoon with her peas for dinner- not as good.  She ate about 10 bites of peas then wanted to quit.  She did about 3 spoons herself with me loading the spoon. Ugh... it is just frustrating.  Some days are better than others and she will gobble everything up and some days she wants nothing to do with food.  We go to the pediatrician in a few weeks for her 9 month check up and I am definitely going to talk to her about her eating.  She eats but I wish she would just eat better!  But I was happy with the little breakthroughs I saw today!

Getting better!

Love banging my cups on the table!

I like to try and fit between the chair and table.

Trying all on my own!



0 comments:

Post a Comment