Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blessing in Disguise

There are times I am fine talking about being a family of 3 and there are definitely times when I get flooded with emotion talking about it.  It is a struggle and a process of letting go.  As I quickly perused Facebook while cooking ravioli for dinner this post came up that I noted to read later...when I could actually read...the link below is to blog post to read on the MOD squad page

http://mothersofdaughters.com/blessing-in-disguise/



Probably the best part is the ending:

But being the mom of an only child didn’t start out as a blessing. Every baby shower was pure torture for a long time. I hated Babies-R-Us and rushed out of there right after buying a gift card. I didn’t want to have to shop the aisles looking at all the adorable baby stuff I’d never again use. Self-pity clawed at me, reminding me Who was really to blame. Or so I thought.
God, in His wisdom, taught me huge life lessons by not giving me my hearts desire.

Sometimes a hard diagnosis and a hard truth turns into a big blessing.

It may come disguised as tragedy or loss but in time and with perspective, the dark edges turn clear and what started out as a clenched fist of loss turns into God’s open hand of blessing.

It just doesn’t always look like it at first. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could have written some of those words myself...or maybe the author just knew I needed to read this today...Thank you Kate Battistelli for taking the words right out of my mouth...this mommy of one needed to read this to know that I am not the only one who struggles with this. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment