Saturday, May 10, 2014

1/2 marathon and Jakes Day

Don't ask why I decided to run a 1/2 marathon the morning after my birthday.  Thought it would be a good way to kick off being 35! But I was a bit tired.  I did a trail half marathon- so different from road running.  It is slower, the you are constantly looking down for roots, rocks, pine cones, branches and whatever.  But I was fine with my 2 hour and 33 minute finish! My GPS watch broke today =( So I had no idea of time, distance, or my pace.  But it was great to see Olivia and Brendon at the finish line!





After the race we got ready to go to Jake's Day at the Charlie Elliot WMA.  This is the 3rd year we have gone.  We went and saw the animals, did some fishing- daddy caught a big cat fish and someone gave us one...so daddy had cat fish for dinner.  Then we ate a picnic lunch.  Then when we got in the car to go home I noticed a rash or bug bites all over my top right leg and a little on the left leg.  Not sure if it is from the race or our picnic spot! But they don't itch at the moment!

Fun day!

Turtles


Picnic

Brendon's cat fish!


A picnic selfie!



0 comments:

Post a Comment