Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Holding Hands

Yesterday Olivia told me that she loved holding my hand and wanted to hold my hand.  It made me want to stop time and hold her hand forever.  There are moments like this that you can't relive or do over.  I know in 10 years she won't want to hold my hand anymore (well... probably...I am sure we will be at the my mom is so embarrassing stage).  But when she said that to me yesterday it brought me back to Sunday when I went to Hallmark.  Of course I had to pick out my Mother's Day card...and of course just like my mom I always cry picking out cards! But as I was leaving the store, there were two women crossing the parking lot to go to the store...as I looked at them, they were obviously mother and daughter, they were holding hands.  The daughter was gently guiding the mom across the parking lot to the stores.  It made me realize that at that moment, I probably haven't held my mom's hands since I was a child and how much I love holding Olivia's hand. It made me sad...when did I get too cool to hold my mom's hand?? I am sure I hurt my mom's feelings when I didn't want to hold her hand anymore...and I am so sorry for that.  Now that I am older and realizing all those things that mama said, I should have never let go of that hand.  I am sure for this mom and daughter walking it has become how they travel, instead of the mom taking the lead and guiding, the daughter stepped in to take care of her mama. I hope when I get older, Olivia will hold my hand and take me shopping, because I know that I will take my mom shopping (I am sure to Hallmark) and hold her hand across the parking lot. Time is precious dear friends, take time to hold your mama's hand.



0 comments:

Post a Comment