Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Spaghetti!

Olivia has rejected spaghetti for months...=( She loved it shortly after we started solids and then I don't know what happened!! It was on my list of foods to try this week.  Along with spaghetti she has never even tried one bite of a meatball.  Well after she woke up from her nap at 4 p.m. she kept on asking for a snack so I told her no and that we would be eating dinner soon.  She kept saying what we had last night and I told her we were having something different.  She finally noticed what we were having and then got a bowl.  I put her spaghetti in the bowl and cut it up.  I didn't even try to bother to measure one teaspoon because that is a joke with spaghetti! So I just scooped some in her bowl and cut! On her plate I cut up one meatball and she had some corn.  She saw me sprinkle some cheese on top and she wanted some too!

I was anxious to see if she would eat it.  I was literally holding my breath.  She took one little bite, another little bite, and another...I thought I was doomed and then she put the whole spoon in her mouth! Hooray! She ate the WHOLE bowl of spaghetti, the WHOLE meatball, and ALL of her corn.  I praised her the whole time and she said the spaghetti and meatball were soooo good! She then got dessert and milk!  Hooray! Another happy dinner!!

After dinner she insisted we play in her kitchen.  She made me several delicious meals and took care of Lamby!



0 comments:

Post a Comment