Thursday, November 7, 2013

First Toddler Tantrum in a Store

This afternoon I tried to get Olivia to nap...nope...I even tried snoozing for 10 minutes with her...nope.  That's it...we are going to go buy a birthday present for a friend.  It only took a bribery of M and Ms to go potty and get into the car.  We get to the store...I didn't even look around.  I just needed a gift card.  There was one person in line ahead of me and they were taking forever and then Olivia wandered about 5 feet away...then wouldn't come back.  So it was finally my turn to check out so I had to run and scoop her up...she didn't like that and started screaming and crying.  Cashier is trying to check me out, Olivia runs away again, I run to get her, return to register with unhappy toddler...kicking me, crying, and screaming.  While all this is going on cashier is asking me a million questions- Would you like a rewards card? NO! Would you like this etc.?  NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't you see I have a screaming kid??? I really felt like saying that.  I wanted to get the heck out of there ASAP.  Finally got her out of the store unhappily.  Then she wouldn't get in the car, then she wouldn't get in the car seat.  Lovely.  So we sat in the parking lot until she did.  It took her about 10 minutes but I finally got her buckled in.  Then she cried all the way to the post office and then magically was fine....



0 comments:

Post a Comment