Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The day I became yours, you became mine

This morning while I was making breakfast for myself, frosting cookies, and waiting for the coffee maker to be done, I heard the sweet tiptoe of toes coming down the stairs.  In walks this curly headed cutey with her jammies and curls going wild.  There are days where I wish she would sleep later but some mornings seeing her before work makes my day.  In that same moment a quote came to my head a friend posted the other day...


Sometimes I soak in all these moments spent with her and hope that it makes her day as much as mine.  My life isn't mine anymore but is shared.  But it is a life that I wouldn't trade for anything...even the bad moments when I want to give up, hit rewind, and try again.  I did shed a few tears on the way to work because I do not like leaving her in the morning at the same time I am so happy to see her in the morning.  She is growing so fast,  and I wish time would slow down and give me some extra moments with her. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment