Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Processing

Still processing lots of information we have found out about tree nut allergies.  So blessed and thankful to have friends and family who have given us some helpful information.  This is going to be an adjustment for us.  I already was cleaning out some things last night... I love almonds...so now they will stay at school.  I have found some good snack lists and found that most restaurants post their allergen information...which is so great and scary at the same time! I think my breaking point today was when a friend shared with me that her daughter can never have cake at birthday parties...this is going to be hard for Olivia...I cried when I got home about this!  She loves cakes and cupcakes at parties.  So we will either have to bring our own or as my friend suggested she takes her daughter out for ice cream after parties.  I picked up the Epi Pen today and I am so thankful there is a plastic practice one so I can make sure I can do it properly.  I have to look at this whole part of life just as an inconvenience that will become part of our life...there are problems and inconveniences in life and this is just an inconvenience for us at the moment but once we are used to it, it will feel more normal.

Other then that Olivia has been fine.  Since being tree nut free she has only asked for a few things she can't have- yogurt covered raisins and Earth's Best Smile Grahams.  But I when I told her no I tried to explain that she can't eat it anymore because she is allergic. 

Brendon and Olivia did some practice casting of the fishing pole today and worked in the yard.  Olivia is getting pretty good at telling me what they do.  They worked on the stumps and weeds too. I am glad that Brendon is able to get some stuff done with her now.



0 comments:

Post a Comment