Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Last Day of Summer Vacation

Today was my last day of summer vacation before going back to work. Despite all the rain this summer it was pretty decent.  We did lots of different things with Olivia and it looks like she has grown so much! Today I accomplished one of my summer running goals...I ran from Tribble Mill Park to Archer High School and back to the park.  It ended up being about 5 miles.  The temperature this morning was so cool that as soon as I got out of the car I made up my mind to do it.  I ran almost 90 miles this summer which I am proud of!

After running and making a few phone calls, Olivia and I went to the store to get some birthday presents for two of her friends.  I thought I would treat her to a stop at the toddler park in Loganville.  We had a great time.  It seemed though that I was the only one interested in playing with their child though.  There was a group of grandparents sitting on some benches in the middle of the park just watching their little ones.  I guess maybe I am still a bit nervous with her on park equipment to let her just be by herself.  I was disheartened though to see some parents on their phones not even paying attention to their children.  I know not every moment is special to everyone and we all deserve breaks sometimes but I don't know...I could rant on about it but whatever we all parent differently.



Olivia took a good nap and then we had a snack and then it was pool time.  I have been skunked on dinner the past two nights...she hasn't really liked what I made...maybe tomorrow! Things she used to love...she hates now...oh nelly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment