Sunday, February 10, 2013

Clean Up Day

Today we did some cleaning.  Brendon went for a bike ride this morning so Olivia and I did some cleaning.  It took about 2 hours but we vacuumed the downstairs and upstairs.  Olivia was great and followed me all around downstairs with her vacuum but just wanted to play upstairs.  I also started another stack for the attic to put away.  Just some toys and stuff that we don't use anymore! So sad to put some stuff away! But I feel much better that we got cleaned up today a bit. Everyday it still looks like Toys R Us has thrown up all over the house but we are kind of used to it.  Brendon calls them landmines when you step on a toy...ouch that hurts. Olivia is feeling much better.  She sounds better still sounds a little nasally but nose is not running and I maybe heard her cough just a few times.  Brendon and I are both feeling better- not 100% but better. 

Olivia had a good southern meal for dinner tonight.  Brunswick Stew and cornbread! She ate them both.  She helped me make the cornbread too!  No Jiffy box of cornbread mix here.  Brendon found a great recipe that we use with our cast iron skillet and it is yummy! Olivia even said so!

Tonight after dinner it started raining.  Brendon saw a flash of lightning and then then thunder boomed.  I guess Olivia has never been awake during thunder and it scared her! She ran screaming back to the dinner table. Then she kept saying that she heard the thunder.  We haven't heard any other thunder since...maybe that is a good thing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment