Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Alone in the Dark

I have been sitting alone in the dark with Olivia the past few weeks.  I admit...I failed at the Cry It Out.  It work for a few nights but then it stopped.  So now I sit in her room in the dark and wait for her to fall asleep.  Some nights I am lucky...15 minutes or less...some nights...45 minutes.  I keep telling myself that I am going to set a time and then be out of her room by that time but I just forget.  Tonight she sang to herself for a good 10 minutes...ABCs, Row your Boat....all her favorites.  Finally she fell asleep.  But as of right now that is the strategy to get her to sleep.

Olivia and I went to Gymboree today.  She was so happy to see her friends Griffin and Kenny.  Olivia and Griffin had a great time jumping.  I am sure Lauren's arms are a little sore like mine since they asked to do it over and over! Olivia even said Griffin was a funny boy! I am loving to see how their play is changing...the kids are starting to approach each other and recognize each other as a person with a name!

Dinner has gone better the past 2 nights.  She has sat in her big girl chair.  Tonight she complained of wanting to get out but I stood firm and wouldn't let her out, while at the same time shoving peas in her mouth! So at least I stood my ground on one thing today!


oops...had to make an edit.  Olivia helped me pick out my clothes tonight for tomorrow.  I asked her to find me a shirt to wear.  She pointed to a shirt, said, "This one! Pink Shirt! Look pretty mommy!" 

Love her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment