Friday, December 28, 2012

Super Why

Well we have our first favorite tv show.  Now I am not a person that sits her child in front of the tv or a movie and then does work.  We do let her watch tv but half the time she isn't watching it anyways.  I think it is mostly on for background noise.  I know all about the research about watching tv and how bad it is.  But Olivia has really gone crazy for a show called Super Why.  It is on PBS.  It is all about reading, the alphabet, letter sounds, with a tad of nursery rhymes.  But since she has started "watching" it she has learned her letters a lot faster...and out of order.  I am in no way saying that Super Why taught her the alphabet but it has helped a lot.  So I guess you can put me on the bad mom list for letting her watch tv...oh well...there are worse things that I could be doing!

What also has helped was my mom bought Olivia some Sesame Street alphabet cards.  The letters are on the front with a corresponding picture on the back.  She loves her "cards" as she calls them.  These were the cards she was looking at in church on Christmas Eve calling out the letters.

But it is so amazing to see her recognizing letters...even on my shirt she picked them out! I am just proud that she is saying them.

I think Olivia loves Jake's new bed more than he does!

0 comments:

Post a Comment