Sunday, December 23, 2012

Eating Breakfast in the Bathroom

Yep...I ate breakfast in the bathroom today.  Olivia is now protesting the high chair when I also eat at the table.  She will sit down and eat with Brendon but not me.  This morning she did not want to sit in her high chair for breakfast. I refused to let her sit in my lap.  So she cried and cried.  So I finally picked up my plate, closed the door, and ate in the bathroom.  I hated doing it but having your child always sitting in your lap is difficult.  Having cry to sit in your lap is even more difficult.  I have tried to get her to sit in the booster seat...no go. Tried to have her just sit in the chair nope... I am sure we will come to some resolution. 

Making cookies

After breakfast, coffee, and newspaper time Olivia and I made the last batch of cookies...Gingerbread!  She did a great job watching me mix it and even helped me mix it with a spoon.  Then we had to let it wait for 15 minutes.  We picked out the cookie cutters and got the table floured.  She knew we had to roll it out and then stick the cutters in the dough.  We had a fun time.  She even ate a Gingerbread Boy after they came out of the oven.

Tonight after dinner we went to Monroe and saw the live Nativity Scene.  They had live animals- bunny, goats, sheep, a donkey, and birds.  They had caroling and free goodies- hot chocolate, soup, and some other snacks.  Olivia liked walking up to the Historic Walton County Courthouse doors...first she said, "ding dong" and then told me to "Knock!" I told her we couldn't go in there.

Live Nativity Scene in Monroe





One little girl and one big Christmas tree


We then drove to the crazy Christmas house in Loganville.  It is like the Griswald's but a ton of mish-moshed Christmas characters, statues, inflatables, and a little bit of lights.  It is a tad cheesy but great to see. 

Crazy Christmas house

0 comments:

Post a Comment