Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

4th of July started early at 3:15 a.m.  I got up ate and showered and got ready for the Peachtree Road Race.  I picked up my friends Kim and Dean for our annual tradition of running the Peachtree.  This was my 5th Peachtree.  I ran it last year after having Olivia just 3 months before.  We had a smooth ride in to Atlanta on Marta and met our friends Joan and Tina at their hotel.  We chatted with them and they got us into their hotel to use the bathroom (super extra bonus! Thank you!!!) We then went to our separate corrals and shortly after the race began.  I felt good the first 3 miles and at the 3 mile marker I was at about 25 minutes.  But then the 3 H's hit... heat, hills, and humidity.  The rest of the race was not my best.  But I finished with the time of 59:10.  I knew that I could do better but I gave it my best.  I admit I was disappointed in my time but thankful to be finished!

Before the race- me, Kim, Joan, and Tina
Kim and I
Found Brendon's friend Mike after the race...talk about being sweaty!


After the race I came home and I showered and we had lunch.  Then Olivia went swimming with Brendon.  Then it was nap time! Getting up at 3:15 is tiring.  After napping Brendon started cooking...we decided NOT to grill...WHAT?!?! He wanted to make Fried Chicken! So that is what we had.  It was so yummy.  We even had corn bread, fried green tomatoes, pasta salad, and cupcakes for dessert! We did go to fireworks too! We had to walk Olivia around a bit.  She mostly sat on our laps during the fireworks and got a little antsy at the end...but it was 2 hours past her bed time.  She did hang in there though!

Playing in her dress
Yummy dinner
Festive dessert
Waiting for fireworks and reading her books
Bubbles
Going for a walk
A little out of order but Brendon putting the chicken in
cupcake! Yummmm

0 comments:

Post a Comment