Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Just can't think of a title tonight!

It was a pretty yucky day today. The weather has been weird.  By now we are usually having weather that is really warm and we are enjoying the pool every day.  Today I think the high temperature was 74 degrees.  Still warm but not sweating hot like usual.

Olivia went to Susan's today for 1/2 of the day.  I know I am going to be criticized by all sorts of people for taking her to daycare in the summer.  There are a few reasons why- not that I feel I need to justify taking her or anything but I will share anyways for those of you that are thinking I am the worst mom ever for doing this.  #1 I don't want Olivia to forget her and when we go back to her August we have all sorts of stranger danger problems.  It is nice to drop Olivia off and not have the crying or screaming.  Olivia remembers her and automatically knows where she is even though she hasn't been there in over 2 weeks.  #2 We need some time to get things done that we can't do when Olivia is here.  There is all sorts of cleaning or things we would like to do but can't get done.  For example I started cleaning out my closest of all the things that are too big.  Brendon was able to put some locks on certain doors and drawers.  Those are really the only 2 reasons I have.  Mostly it is for #1 so she remembers Susan and is not afraid to be there.  It is not like she is going every week.  She is only going 3 times and for 1/2 days from 8:00- 12:00. So there...I hope that doesn't make me a horrible mother. 

After Susan's we went to the bank and to Target.  She was great in the cart.  I also picked her up a few more books in the dollar spot which is great because she will look at them while we are in the store.  I also got 2 new toys.  There are 2 things Olivia loves that she is not allowed to play with.  They are the tv remote and our cell phones.  Fisher Price makes a play remote- cha ching! What a great toy.  She can play with that all day long! The second thing I saw at Karson's house- a play cell phone.  She loves it! Karson and her were both wanting it on Sunday so I am glad that I got her one.  She loves it.  You can even record your voice on it.  She had a lot of fun playing with both toys tonight.  The best part of tonight was that I was cleaning up her books and when I turned around, she was cleaning up her blocks ALL by herself.  She put all the blocks back in the bag! I was so proud of her.  It is amazing how smart babies can be! Now if we can work on putting the rest of the toys away that would be amazing!

Here is the Fisher Price Remote.  It sings, tells numbers, the volume button even works to turn it up and down.  Thanks Fisher Price! I will have to get a picture of the phone tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment